Monday, October 26, 2009

Braz Cauz in Florida












I have participated in Vickie Brown's Way to Women's Wellness Art Bra activities since 2004 and continue to enjoy working with that group. It has been a great joy to do so and raise funds to support women with breast cancer in several different ways. Recently, a local call for bra art was in a local newspaper and a friend brought it to me. Of course I couldn't resist. Two survivors created an event in cooperation with a local hospital Fish Memorial in Debary, FL called Braz Cauz. This was the first year for the event. They plan to repeat it next year. I posted the bra I designed earlier in this blog called Waves of Hope. It was designed using Laurel Burch's Mermaid Dreams fabric. They had several events and I was able to make it to the Artist's Reception. My bra was also on display in a local mall for a month or so which was fun. The photo is all the "stuff" they gave us at the event. A pink boa, the program, a special name tag, and a carnation, along with a ribbon designating what prize your bra won. Each bra got a designation. Mine was "Most Healing Art". As a nurse, I thought that was kind of serendipitously cool. It has been a while since I had time to post. Meeting and conferences rule during this time of the year for me. One small conference to go and then I might be able to come up for air for a little bit. But I am grateful for my busy life. God is good. I will re-post a photo of the bra here for those who might have missed it the first time.

4 comments:

Linda Smith said...

How wonderful! congratulations.

Unknown said...

Wow congratulations your artbra is beautiful. Sorry I missed meeting you but hope to at another time.

Sharon
TN

Willa said...

Hi Sharon, You must be Linda's friend! I am sure we will meet someday!

Patricia said...

I have gotten so behind in blog hopping, so glad I got here today. Your art bra is just beautiful. I always enjoy your work. Yes, indeed, thank God for our busy lives and the health to keep up with them!
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com