Tuesday, October 05, 2010

The Old Razzle Dazzle


This is my latest bra which is traveling to Vicki Brown for the Houston Quilt Show. I saw this fabric and it reminded me of the song "All that Jazz" of Bob Fosse fame. I love the style of dance in his shows and the words in the song "Give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle" which is sort of my anthem for life. :o) It is very much more blingy than the photo can show. It was a lot of fun to put together. I actually "built" it while shopping and it came together exactly as I visualised. It is a bit simpler than the others I have created because it doesn't need much help! Thanks to Vickie Brown and Ribbonsmyth.com for all the years of this fun project with a cause. You made This crazy idea seven years ago has made Art Bras a sensation across the country and has spurred many fundraising and education efforts around breast cancer prevention and research.

4 comments:

Allison Ann Aller said...

This looks terrific, Willa!!!!!!

Laurie Brown said...

It's stunning!

Riley said...

Good eye for "All that Jazz" of Bob Fosse fame. Have you thought of sewing for a dance studio? This is SEW much like what dancerdaughter* wore on several occasions at competitions**.

RileyG
*18 years of classes, and is now teaching dance in Lawrence KS.
**giving Dad his share of "shotgun" moments...

Riley said...

Good eye for "All that Jazz" of Bob Fosse fame. This is similar to ones dancerdaughter* wore at several competitions**.
Have you considered sewing for a local dance studio?

RileyG
*18 years of lessons and now she teaches dance in Lawrence KS - hmdanceacademy.com
**leading Dad of dancerdaughter (me)into many "shotgun" moments...