Monday, July 22, 2013

I have been woefully neglectful of my blogging but then again I have only been creating in my head!  But I did make two fashion totes to donate to an auction recently.  Please see them below:
 One is made from a faux mudcloth that I bought at Joann's quite awhile ago. I liked it so much I bought the remainder of the bolt.  This is my first time using it.  The other is a printed burlap that I also got from Joann's and I paired it with velvet and a fancy fringe trim because I thought it was a great contract.  They are both lined with black linen.   I did not use a pattern I just created it as I went.  I have another piece of the burlap that is printed in a French Theme with little Eiffel towers and other French themed items.   I will use that to make a bag for myself.  I really like the velvet and burlap look.

1 comment:

gocrazywithme said...

The printed burlap and velvet does make for a lovely contrast. Who'da thunk it?