Monday, October 13, 2008

Guild Crazy Quilt

I taught two crazy quilt classes during one of my guilds "Fun Nights". One night I taught piecing and embellishments for the other. I then invited guild members to create blocks for a crazy quilt to be raffled off at the Quilt Show as a consolation prize for the Donation Quilt. These are the blocks I received. They were made by Kate Elliott, Bonnie Griffiths, Tami Folks, Betty Poteet, Barbara Liddick, Carolyn Robinette, and Trish Bowman. I will be making the center block and a signature block as well. Our guild show is in January 2009 in Orlando.










Some of them used hand embellishment and some used machine. They all blend well together.













2 comments:

Patricia said...

Willa, the blocks are nice. Please post a picture of your block when you have it finished. I enjoy browsing through your site to see the different techniques. I'm just starting this addictive hobby-taking away from my business sewing and making potpourri. Hope to be able to incorporate it into my products soon. Love doing it.

Pat
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

NickiLee said...

Hi Willa,
I soooooo love your color choices for your blocks! I am a lover of anything blue and have boxes and boxes of crazy quilt fabrics and would guess to say 99.8 are blues! Your combinations are dreamy.